Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wonderment!

I am simply in awe. I certainly did not think that I would see this day in my young life if at all. Today, I have witnessed a new America, a truly United States of America in which perhaps a man is judged more by the content of his character and less by the color of his skin. Is this a dream? I am shocked as well as amazed, in pure wonderment. I am also honored to witness history. The dream is no longer deferred.

I am happiest for my dear son, for all the sons of color who have been told implicitly that there are limits to their achievement. I have even before he was born told my son that he could be anything his heart desires. Now, I have the manifestation of those desires as the shining example of what my son and all of our sons can be. For this, I owe America much gratitude. I too sing America. You now see how beautiful I am and are no longer ashamed.

No comments: